Friday Links for 07-04-20

From the Web…

I’m starting a semi-regular Friday links feature for this blog, hopefully to point you towards some great personal development resources around the web, this site and on paper.

Zen To Done (ZTD): The Ultimate Simple Productivity System – Leo, over at ZenHabits has an interesting post series about his new productivity system, ZTD. A modification of the ever-popular Getting Things Done (GTD) system by Dave Allen, this one focuses on building the habits of organization and productivity one at a time.

Ririan Project – A great blog if you haven’t already found it is Ririan’s website. It features a list of tips on different subjects for self-improvement. I did a guest post, 7 Little Known Ways to Drastically Improve Your Learning a few days ago.

Ben Casnocha – I’ve mentioned Ben a few times in articles, but I’ve never given his site a proper link. He’s a 19 year old entrepreneur and blogger. His writings are usually more thought-provoking than informative, which in an increasingly information dense world is rare.

From the Archives…

My archives are getting a bit bulky, nearing 300 articles. As part of Friday links I’d like to include a post from the archives you may have missed.

Learn By Doing – Improvement comes from doing, not just reading.

From the Shelf…

A few weeks ago I finished reading Dale Carnegie’s bestselling book, How to Win Friends and Influence People. Although his specific tips for handling people may seem like common sense, there are some interesting points to reflect on. Here are a couple interesting points I got from the book:

• Remember that a persons name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
  • Get the other person saying, “yes, yes” immediately.
  • Ask questions instead of giving direct orders

You can get the book from Amazon here: How to Win Friends and Influence People.

9 Responses to “Friday Links for 07-04-20”

1. Tabs says:

Thanks for the info, I love Ririan Project, a great fun blog, I look forward to more Friday Links from you, keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Tabs

2. Bill Perry says:

I agree with you, Scott. Carnegie’s book is one of the best ever written. I have read it twice now, about to start on the 3rd read, since it’s been so long since my last read.

3. Harry says:

There’s also another fellow who’s releasing a book, just like you. His name’s Tim Ferrriss and he’s at http://www.fourhourworkweek.com. He takes a different approach basically. Some of his blogs discuss selective ignorance to actually focus on the things that need doing. How about checking it out? I hope you find it interesting.

Cheers!

Thanks for the comments.

Tim seems like an interesting guy, I’ve subscribed to his blog, hopefully his philosophy can show through.

5. John says:

Just a quick note, ZTD is basically a cut down version of GTD and emphasize on the executing the task.

6. Cathy says:

Oh, that’s very interesting post. Thanks for the info Scott, I only know GTD before and I have new idea now about ZTD that is – modification of the ever-popular Getting Things Done (GTD) system by Dave Allen, this one focuses on building the habits of organization and productivity one at a time.

Speaking of Tim on the other hand, I actually had a copy of his book, and it’s very informative. It gives more about changing lifestyle and PRODUCTIVITY.

You might as well own a copy of it.;-)

Cathy,

I’ve already ordered my copy of four hour work week. Tim seems like a very interesting guy. Thanks for the comments.

8. Cathy says:

Oh, thanks for the reply Scott. And good to hear that you have ordered a copy of his book. Do you have it now? How was it?

On the other hand, it’s out also at http://snipurl.com/1ilc1, FYI.

Thanks again Scott.

Best Regards,
    Cathy

No I haven’t got Tim’s book yet, but it definitely seems like an interesting read.