Posting Resumes Tomorrow

After a forced 5 day internet hiatus, I’ll be able to resume posting on Wednesday. I’ve moved back into Residence at the University of Manitoba. After four months of quiet, it was fun to be surrounded by hundreds of new and old faces.

The last few days have been a mix of emotions. I’ve had great parties meeting the new people to residence (it’s my second year). I’m a lot more casual in person than I might appear on this blog, and it was nice to welcome the new school year with good times.

But, unfair as it may seem, the old often leaves with the new.

It is with great sadness that I report my friend Ryan was killed in a car accident. At the age of sixteen he had lived a good life, if only a short one. I won’t write much about Ryan, other than that he is a reminder of the beauty and fragility that life represents. Every day is a gift.

Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.

14 Responses to “Posting Resumes Tomorrow”

1. Steve says:

My condolences on your loss, Scott, and also to Ryan’s family and other friends.

I’m sure he will be looking down on you, proud of the inspiration his friend is offering to those who read this blog.

2. I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

I love the last bit of your post “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” Great words to live by.

3. Derrick says:

My condolences as well.

And I really like your closing line. Is it it a quote from somewhere? Or did you come up with it?

Derrick,

It’s a quote from James Dean I believe.

5. Mike Campbell says:

Sorry to hear about Ryan.

6. Alex Shalman says:

I’m sorry to hear about your loss Scott. Let me know if you need to talk or if there’s anything I can do for you. You know the e-mail.

7. hollywoodheidi says:

Hi! I just found this forum and it looks really cool.

Now, I gotta run off and read some posts. :)

8. [...] Scott H Young ” Posting Resumes Tomorrow Scott H Young. Blog. Info. Archives. Get More. Posting Resumes Tomorrow … After a forced 5 day internet hiatus, I’ll be able to resume posting on Wednesday. … [...]

9. Samantha says:

Im new here at the forum, just wanted to say hello
    Samantha

10. Quiseweet says:

Nothing seems to be easier than seeing someone whom you can help but not helping.
    I suggest we start giving it a try. Give love to the ones that need it.
    God will appreciate it.

11. Eldeseeanycle says:

I’m the only one in this world. Can please someone join me in this life? Or maybe death…