Learn More, Study Less: Zen Habits Special Offer

Learn More, Study Less

I’ve just started a special deal with Zen Habits and Learn More, Study Less. For the next month, if you get a copy of the book through Zen Habits, you can buy it for $19.95. This means access to the full book, all six bonus printouts and free updates for any future editions or additions to the program.

For those of you who missed the initial launch, Learn More, Study Less is a book detailing my strategy for holistic learning. Before the book went live, I did a small private experiment with less than a dozen people, getting them to try out some of the techniques. Even in the short few months since that experiment, many of the participants have thanked me for the book and noticed improvements in either how well they understand material or how much time they have spent studying.

Holistic learning has consistently been the most popular topic on this blog, so I’m glad that this arrangement with Zen Habits will get the idea out to more people. I fully suggest that anyone here who was considering reading the book, should drop by Zen Habits and get a copy. The price is 50% off and will only last until July 5th.

8 Responses to “Learn More, Study Less: Zen Habits Special Offer”

1. Dave says:

I had a look at the taster pages, and it looks great.

I feel sure I’ll benefit from the book, and I’m hoping that I’ll be able to apply some of the concepts to my children’s learning too.

Dave.

2. Charles says:

Thanks Scott! I got my copy this morning. Very good book! :)

3. Aguimar Jr says:

I bought Zen’s book a month ago. Can I buy your book in this same offer ?

Aguimar Jr,

I’m not sure what other offer you’re referring to. But my book is completely separate from Zen To Done, Leo’s own ebook.

5. Hans Breitinger says:

I have a question for you.

I am about to write my pharmacy board exams in a few months, and those exams usually require a whole lot of memorization of drug names, mechanism of actions, disease pathophysiology, and a whole lot of technical data describing symptoms and treatment options and such.

I’ve done some research into studying techniques and most of what I’ve found in books and on the internet is mainly concerned with courses in humanities and social sciences (where the reading activities tend to be a lot of mumbojumbo with underlying themes and specific arguments)

Now this is very different than what I need which is a way to memorize a whole lot of almost useless-on-their-own facts (drug doses and treatment regimens) and put them in some form which I can recall.

Would your book be an aid? It should be noted that I’m already familiar with techniques of mind-mapping (as explained by Tony Buzan)

I await your reply.

Hans Breitinger,

Actually, a pharmacy student was in the initial test group and he said he got a lot of benefits using the techniques for memorizing drug names.

Most of the book is geared towards understanding less arbitrary information. However, I have several techniques: linking, pegging and information compression that are designed for exactly the situations you face.

I believe you would get a benefit from reading the book, but I’m a little biased.

7. Ilham Hafizovic says:

I was wondering about your final comment. Although it may help with memorizing drug names and treatment regimens, does it really have any good advice or can the methods be fully applied to all aspects of science learning?

I am in a Biotechnology program, so in a way Biochemistry. I believe that this book would be great for Biology, but when it comes to Chemistry or Biochemistry I think that people require more practice than just various methods. But I am not sure, about how all your methods are applied. So was wondering if you could give some insight?

Thanks.

Illham,

The book doesn’t specialize into a single topic. So, if you’re looking for subject-specific studying advice, you won’t find much of it.

Rather the book focuses on broader concepts and general studying techniques. If you feel you need something more specific, I’d try to find guides within your faculty.