From the Web
Zen Habits Handbook for Life – Leo just released an e-book compiling the best posts from his archive. When you get an archive as large as Leo’s, it can be hard to find the best. With an archive of over 400 posts here and around 100 off this website, I’ve been considering a similar option to showcase more of my own content. At under 7$, the price is worth the convenience.
Fixed-Schedule Productivity – Another great entry from Cal Newport of StudyHacks. By making your work time more scarce, you will use it more efficiently. With my new book coming out, my daily schedule has been creeping into my evenings more than I’d like. I might need to implement Cal’s advice in a 30-Day Trial.
From the Archives
My next book, Learn More, Study Less, is scheduled for release sometime next week. For those of you who haven’t heard of my holistic learning concepts, here’s a few introductory sources while you wait for the launch:
- How to Ace Your Finals Without Studying – My first article on holistic learning. One of the top 5 most-read articles on this website.
- How to Learn Holistically – A link to a guest post I did on holistic learning that was featured on the Digg and Delicious front pages.
- Studying and Holistic Learning – The first follow-up article to “How to Ace Your Finals…”.
- 50 Tricks to Study Better, Faster and With Less Stress – A list of different learning techniques I use.
- Holistic Learning E-Book – A free e-book introducing the holistic learning concepts. The book has only a tenth of the material I’ve put into my upcoming book, but I still receive comments every day from people who found it helpful.
From the Shelf
How to Win Friends and Influence People – The classic from Dale Carnegie on relationships and human nature. The book certainly isn’t new, but the advice is timeless. I read the book a few years ago and I might re-read it again soon.
I’m still working through The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith at the moment, (I’m on the 2nd book out of 4), so I probably won’t be able to add any new items here for a week or two.