My book, Ultralearning, was just released last week. I’d like to share some of my favorite podcast conversations I’ve recorded (as well as some reviews and essays).
Conversations About Ultralearning
Here are some of the conversations I recorded as part of Ultralearning. There are still more to be released, but if you’re looking to listen to some of the ideas before grabbing the book, these should help you out.
Do you have your own podcast and would like to have me as a guest? Just shoot me an email and I’ll be happy to discuss it with you.
- Man Talks – Understanding How We Learn, How to Learn Faster and Ultralearning
- Modern Wisdom Podcast [VIDEO] – A conversation with Chris Williamson on Ultralearning.
- Superhuman Academy – Tackling Amazing Learning Challenges Through Ultralearning (Side note: The host, Jonathan Levi is also something of an ultralearner and has his own book about learning coming out soon!)
- How to Be Awesome at Your Job – How to Acquire New Skills Faster
- Product People – teach yourself how to program, finally! Justin and I met at a retreat a few years ago and he’s just started learning to code after years of struggle. We have an in-depth conversation about applying Ultralearning to his self-ed quest to finally become a programmer.
- Getting Simple – A longer conversation about Ultralearning.
- The Action Catalyst – Ultralearning with Scott H Young.
- Future Tech Podcast – Cranking Up Our Internal Learning Mechanisms for Maximum Productivity
- Money Savage Engage – “differences between formal and informal learning and education, how technology is helping and hurting us and how “ultralearning” can help us rise to the level we want to”
- Productivityist – Understanding Ultralearning (with my fellow Canadian Mike Vardy)
- Tim Kenny [VIDEO] – The longest episode I’ve recorded at nearly 3 hours, this one goes into a lot of places including a lot of speculation (and probably half-remembered research) about cognitive science, machine learning and advanced ideas!
- Financial Independence Europe – Araminta had already started on her own ultralearning projects after reading a review copy of the book. We chat about it on the podcast.
- Stu Schaefer – The 9 Ways To Supercharge Your Learning Ability So You Can Learn Anything Lightning Fast
- The Art of Fulfillment – How to Learn Any Skill in Rapid Time
- Duct Tape Marketing – How Ultralearning Helps You Master New Skills.
- Daniel Karim – How to Learn Anything
- Leading Learning – How businesses and individuals can apply ultralearning.
- [ADDED AUG 12, 2019] – Todd Nief
- [ADDED AUG 13, 2019] – Optimize Yourself – How to Master the Metaskill of Ultralearning
- [ADDED AUG 13, 2019] – Nathan Seaward – Master the Art of Ultralearning
- [ADDED AUG 16, 2019] – Hardy Haberland
- [ADDED AUG 16, 2019] – Magnetic Memory Method – This was a fun conversation, the host, Anthony pushed me hard to talk about how it felt to do the challenges, the role of stories, free will and we even had a small debate about the merits of mnemonics.
- [ADDED AUG 20, 2019] – The Lifehack Show
- [ADDED AUG 22, 2019] – Jordan Harbinger Show
- [ADDED AUG 23, 2019] – Made at McGill – Part I is about applying ultralearning to entrepreneurship. Part II is more personal questions that go beyond the book.
- [ADDED AUG 28, 2019] – Unmistakable Creative
- [ADDED AUG 30, 2019] – I Will Teach You a Language – Deep dive on the application of Ultralearning to learning languages.
- [ADDED AUG 31, 2019] – Armen Show Podcast
- [ADDED AUG 31, 2019] – Kalid Azad – Video conversation with my good friend, Kalid, from BetterExplained.com.
- [ADDED AUG 31, 2019] – Resist Average Academy
- [ADDED AUG 31, 2019] – Pivot Podcast
- [ADDED SEPT 3, 2019] – Stephan Zimmermann
- [ADDED SEPT 3, 2019] – Principal Center Radio – Discussion with a podcast aimed at school administrators.
- [ADDED SEPT 9, 2019] – Domantas Sniezka
- [ADDED SEPT 12, 2019] – Are you learning the wrong way?
- [ADDED SEPT 16, 2019] – Golf Improvement Podcast
- [ADDED SEPT 16, 2019] – The Fluent Show
- [ADDED SEPT 19, 2019] – Inside Personal Growth
- [ADDED OCT 3, 2019] – Dom Brightmon
- [ADDED OCT 15, 2019] – N1 Fitness Podcast
- [ADDED OCT 16, 2019] – Mad Fientist
- [ADDED OCT 18, 2019] – Tara Mont
- [ADDED OCT 21, 2019] – Just Get Started
- [ADDED OCT 21, 2019] – Superfast Business
- [ADDED OCT 23, 2019] – Alain Guillot
- [ADDED NOV 1, 2019] – Dr. Chris Stout
- [ADDED NOV 4, 2019] – Primalosophy
- [ADDED NOV 4, 2019] – Afford Anything
- [ADDED NOV 4, 2019] – Learning Leader
- [ADDED NOV 4, 2019] – Art of Manliness
- [ADDED NOV 14, 2019] – Man Amongst Men
- [ADDED NOV 15, 2019] – Ancient Wisdom Project
- [ADDED NOV 18, 2019] – What You Got There
- [ADDED NOV 19, 2019] – Kieran Flanagan
- [ADDED NOV 25, 2019] – The 5AM Miracle
- [ADDED NOV 27, 2019] – Journey to Launch
- [ADDED DEC 9, 2019] – The Disrupters
- [ADDED JAN 21, 2020] – Coaching for Leaders
- [ADDED MAR 27, 2020] – Way of Will John
- [ADDED APR 13, 2020] – Apprendre à apprendre une langue (in French)
[Many of the podcasts I recorded have still yet to be released. I’ll be updating this page as they go live, with the date added, as they are uploaded.]
Here are some reviews of the book:
- Cal Newport recommends Ultralearning. Cal was the first person to push me to write this book, over three years ago. I’m glad he did.
- Fast Company: How to Learn New Skills More Quickly and Effectively – FC’s Stephanie Vozza reviews Ultralearning.
- Vox Stoica video essay reviewing the book.
- How to study quantum mechanics on your own. Popular physics YouTube channel Looking Glass Universe discusses QM, with some notes on ultralearning near the end.
- How to Learn Something New – An in-depth review of the book by David Masters over at FluentInThreeMonths. David got a copy of the book and applied it to learning music mixing over two weeks.
- “The standard pace is for chumps.” – Review by Anthony Moore
- How I’m Plotting and Writing a Novel in 40 Days – Alexis Romero reviews Ultralearning and applies it to improving his craft as a writer.
- [AUGUST 14, 2019] – Road to Limitless review and application of Ultralearning to entrepreneurship.
- [AUGUST 19, 2019] – Darius Foroux discusses Ultralearning in a post on income-generating skills.
- [SEPTEMBER 3, 2019] – Paige Bainbridge interviewed me for her blog. In this interview I talk about my motivations for taking on projects, what they felt like and some of my biggest failures too.
- [SEPTEMBER 13, 2019] – Quintessential Mind
Did you write a review for Ultralearning, but don’t see it here? Send me a link and let me know. To avoid duplication, I’m going to link only to reviews from newspapers, blogs and external publications as opposed to social media or retailer reviews, but I appreciate those as well!
In addition to reviews and conversations with other people, I’ve also written some pieces on other websites about Ultralearning. You can check them out here:
Want to Learn to Code? Don’t Go to School — I want to challenge the idea that going to university is the best path to learning to code. While four years may be best for some, an alternative path might be more effective for many.
The Nine Principles of Learning (and the Mistakes from Failing to Follow Them) – A guest post I did about applying Ultralearning to learning Chinese.
I want to thank everyone who has gotten the book already. This book has been an obsession of mine for over three years, so I want to thank everyone who took the leap to read it.
If you have read the book, it would mean the world to me if you left a review. Reading the reviews left on Amazon, Audible and elsewhere from actual readers has been one of the most rewarding parts of writing the book.
Even better, if you decide to take up the call and start your own ultralearning project, I’d love to hear about it! You can include it in your review, or send it to me directly via email–if this book encouraged you to try learning something new, it will have been worth the effort.