Learn More, Study Less Released

LMSLCover.png

I’ve just finished my newest book on holistic learning, Learn More, Study Less. With over 200 full-color pages, six bonus documents and over a month spent on individualized experimenting, the program is finally ready. You can get your copy today for 39.95.

I introduced holistic learning almost a year ago in an article, How to Ace Your Finals Without Studying. The article and small e-book that followed have become the most viewed items on this website. Even today, almost a year later, I still receive many e-mails from people who were intrigued by the ideas but wanted to learn more.

Holistic learning isn’t complicated, but understanding how it works is different than being able to apply it. As a result, I took a different route producing this e-book, investing more time researching and experimenting with other students. The book is almost triple the size of my last e-book, How to Change a Habit, and goes into far more depth than I could have with a smaller release.

What’s Inside?

The book is split into three major parts:

1. Strategy
  2. Techniques
  3. Beyond Holistic Learning

The first section is a major expansion of my original e-book. It explains what holistic learning is, what the stages of holistic learning are and how holistic learning looks at different types of problems. I’ve tried to give as much depth as possible to my ideas to fill some of the gaps left in the original e-book.

The second section goes into detail explaining how to apply holistic learning. There are over a dozen techniques split into over ten chapters. This is an area completely missing from the first e-book. This section should allow you to smoothly adopt holistic learning techniques.

The third section includes a chapter devoted to productivity and another chapter on self-education. Both of these are components that fit into holistic learning, but I haven’t been able to give too much detail in my regular blog writing.

Get a Free Preview

Even if you don’t plan on buying the full e-book, download yourself a free preview copy. With 30 pages of content, it is larger than my original e-book and completely free. I’ve included a chapter on flow-based notetaking which was a popular holistic learning method with participants before the book’s launch.

I’m offering a 120-Day money-back guarantee on this product. I understand holistic learning isn’t for everyone, so I want to take the risk away from giving it a try.

Link to Learn More, Study Less and earn a 50% affiliate commission. I use E-Junkie to manage affiliates, so the setup takes less than five minutes and all you need is a PayPal account. Payments are made monthly and there is no commitment.

Click here to join the Affiliate Program

Free Press Copies

If you have a medium-sized blog or website, you can get a free press copy of the book. Just send me an e-mail with your name, a link to your website and approximate readership and I’ll be happy to send you a free copy. If you sign up as an affiliate you might actually get paid to read the book.

LMSLCover.png

21 Responses to “Learn More, Study Less Released”

1. Weekly Visitor says:

Your going to charge us now for your interesting reads?

2. Congratulations, Scott!
    This looks great, I was really looking forward to this.

I will definitely promote it in my website, as it is very relevant to my audience.
    Have you considered creating a 125×125 button to help affiliates promote it?

3. Lee says:

When’s the book going to be available on such sites like amazon.com?

Was wondering if the book contains things like getting started on work, how to motivate your self to do so. My problem has been getting my self to START on tasks, not the techniques necessarily. What do you do to get started and just dive into things avoiding distractions?

4. David Harper says:

I just scanned the preview copy; based on that, I am buying. Nice technique to share a preview! This is a really great topic, congrats. (can i assume, in spite of you cover, the content won’t actually cover derivatives? :))

5. Jimmy says:

How many hours a day or week, on average would you say you spend on school work? I know this method is not an easy way out of studying, but it’s an effective way of taking things in faster, after a bit of practice.

Your really get a gut feeling for the material learned after using this approach. Good Stuff!

6. Jonas Park says:

Congratulations Scott! What a way to celebrate the extra leap year day.

7. kaley says:

Are you joking? 40 bucks for a book thats not printed on paper, and its only 200 pages? For that price it should be hardcover and 1000 pages! Have you ever been to a bookstore? Do you know how much normal books cost? Maybe in Canada all the prices are screwed up or something, but thats grossly overpriced. I actually want to read the book, but the price is ridiculous and its much more enjoyable to read in a printed book format. Also, your book has no real reviews or credibility. I like going to amazon.com to read reviews before I buy a book, and I cant do that here. You’ve dug yourself a hole. Maybe your so overconfident that you think people will buy the book anyway. The whole situation makes you look like a big shyster.

Great comments everyone, I’ll try my best to respond,

kaley,

I’m not in the business of selling paper, but selling ideas. If you don’t feel the content of the book is worth the price, you don’t need to buy. I don’t sell commodities, so I don’t think comparing the price of this e-book which is sold to a smaller audience with mass distribution books is necessarily useful.

That said, if you don’t feel the book is worth the price, there is no need to buy it. You can still enjoy the free preview, 2 free chapters I’m releasing next week and the hundreds of other articles I write for this site for free.

As I mentioned, I also offer a 120 money-back guarantee. I understand $40 might be a risk some people aren’t willing to take on a book.

Lee,

The product is an e-book and I’m distributing it myself, so no Amazon.

Weekly Visitor,

Don’t worry, 90% of my content is still completely free. I write longer e-books with the expectation of providing concentrated value. Despite offering a few products, I’m still a believer that most of my content works best when it is completely free.

9. Andy2 says:

$40? If you decreased the font to real book size and took out unnecessary images, it would be 50 pages. Are there any citations? Any real evidence besides your opinion on what works for you? Any links to real research on how people learn?

10. David Harper says:

kaley,

pagecount is irrelevant. Who wants to read 1,000 pages? We need shorter books, willing to concentrate their content, not longer books. more pages isn’t correlated to anything except a lack of editing

printed vs. pdf is just a matter of opinion: I find PDFs must more flexible – print a few, annotate, clip, etc

David

11. Morgan says:

I have a question: Have you ever researched if people with ADHD or other learning differences succeed with the techniques in this book? I have ADHD and poor working memory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Working_memory), and I’m not sure if what you suggest will work for me.

12. kaley says:

I dont like reading 1000 page books either. I just meant that its very overpriced, especially for a student. Most students dont have extra money to spend.

13. Smith says:

Gotta agree, book’s overpriced, 40$ for an e book, ummmmmmmm… I don’t know about that. I think it seems like a great book from the preview, but $40 for something that hasn’t been printed, (usually why book’s are expensive, the amount for actually making them) ummm… hahaha…but I guess the author really is the one who truly knows the value of their own work…so i guess your really paying for the ideas in the book, not the cost for the material used to make the book.

14. Jonas Park says:

Although I’m quite confident that Scott’s book will be well worth the $39.95 for everyone who sincerely dedicates themselves to applying its concepts, I must agree with Kaley on the point that seeing the number 39.95 on a single volume e-Book somehow triggers the Whoa-I-Can’t-Afford-That alarm in one’s mind, especially for those of us who are in college on financial aid. I myself am very eager to read the book, but for now I plan on holding off on it till I’ve read more testimonials and the book has proven to be more than a passing craze.

On the other hand, if the book were fifteen dollars cheaper I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Such is the trick that mere numbers play in our minds :)

I think 200 pages is quite sufficient for a book of this kind, but I feel that oftentimes authors simply are unable to come up with the sufficient words to describe what they’re trying to say and leave too much up for interpretation by electing to be “concise.” And actually, Scott uses a huge font with plenty of margins around the pages and graphical illustrations, so I’d estimate that in a regular printed book format, the book probably would be less than 100 pages. I don’t think that’s a cause for alarm but I can certainly understand Kaley’s concern.

With regards to the price, this has been a bit of an experiment in designing the book. My goals for this book are different than those I had for my last book, How to Change a Habit, so I’m not using the same pricing as that book.

Obviously this difference is going to cause different gut-reactions in people. Some may see it as being overpriced. Others may feel that $40 isn’t a lot to spend if it can give detailed advice for improving their learning habits that aren’t found elsewhere.

I’ve spent over $40 for e-books of a similar size before–because the ideas were really valuable. Obviously, if you feel that the ideas in this book aren’t worth $40 to you, I’ll lose a potential reader. But my hopes are that the book can make an impact with a small group of people.

So, yes, I can understand some concerns. But I’m not trying to be in the business of creating a book you skim through once and never think about again.

Part of the reason I release so much free content is that I want the majority of my ideas to be available to anyone, regardless of cost. With the other 10% of my writing time I like to create products that have concentrated value to a select number of people. So even if you don’t decide to read the book; the preview version, plus two chapters next week and my original articles and e-books should be useful.

16. thach says:

I just want to confirm:
    $40 would be the cost of only 10% of your book, since 90% was already free?

thatch,

Not exactly what I meant. The free content from the e-book would make up about 5-15% of the total book, so I’m definitely not giving most of it away.

However, if you include my other free e-book, free program and nearly 600 free articles, you can see how I’m not in the habit of hoarding my content.

18. [...] $0.00 is the Future of Business. Another ideavirus from Chris Anderson, editor of Wired. Despite my recent product launch and post about why I don’t (illegally) download music, I’m a huge supporter of this [...]

19. [...] $0.00 is the Future of Business. Another ideavirus from Chris Anderson, editor of Wired. Despite my recent product launch and post about why I don’t (illegally) download music, I’m a huge supporter of this [...]

20. rachel says:

congratulations! i am very much looking forward to reading this.
    r.

21. Monique says:

Congratulations Scott! Looks great, would love to read it so I can use it in college.
    Shame I can’t afford it.